Sunday, January 4, 2009

Merry Christmas 2008

December 25

Merry Christmas! I love you ALL! Thank you for the presents. I enjoyed getting the packages. My Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so far have been wonderful. I have been thinking alot about home and when I heard Elder David A. Bednar speak last night I was so greatful for my calling as a missionary. He said that if I focus on the work that YOU will be blessed for my service and that I won't have to worry about you. (Just like what Pres. Arnoldson said.) He also spoke about the symbols of Christmas, the tree, the lights and the shepherds...I want to share an experience about the light....Please read this as a family.....Read in Helaman 14:28 about Samuel the Lamanite, when he prophecies of the birth of Christ....there would be a day, a night and a day as if one day and no night. Then read 3 Nephi 1:4-15 This was one of the most spiritual experiences that I had had up to this point at the MTC, and maybe in my life! Now, picture the Mormon Miracle Pageant, keep the thought that the believers were going to be killed if the sign wasn't given that night! Do we have that FAITH? Many have had to give up all for their faith. (Count me as a member who will give all, as I am here until the end, Christ knows!) Then, when the sun went down and the sunlight stayed, THE LIGHT had saved them! Now, Fast forward to 3 Nephi 11:10-11 "I am the light and life of the world." When Christ came to them, He had done the will of the Father, Christ Loves Everyone. I know that He loves me and you ALL. During this whole experience I kept having flashbacks of the Pageant, where I was there and I saw Christ come and I felt his love. I saw and felt his hands. He came as He was surrounded in light because Christ is the Light!

This morning I heard from Elder Jeffery R. Holland and his wife. She said "Go find Christ." It is what I want to do. He said, "You are what you teach!" and "Be Strong." His grandchildren sang to us. I couldn't help but think of the wonderful brothers and sister that I have, watching them grow up helped me so much. I remember the spirit so strongly testifying that God approves of what I am doing and He is proud of me. This Christmas I will always remember and cherish. Elder Holland also said this isn't my work or my mission and it's not done my way..."this is not Burger King!"

Well, I am thinking of you and I love you more than I can express! Have a very Merry Christmas Season and a Happy New Year!

Your Devoted Missionary,
Elder Blackham

No comments:

Post a Comment