Tuesday, January 6, 2009

January 5, 2009

Dear Family,
I'm loving it here! On Sunday, I got the chance to usher before the fireside. The speaker was brother Stephen Allen, who works in the missionary department for the church. Because I ushered, I got to sit on the front row. He said a lot of great things....one of them was "when everything says you can't, listen to the part of you that says you can." I liked that alot. After the fireside, I watched the "Joseph Smith; Prophet of the Restoration" movie. It is such a great film. There is a part in the film where brother Brigham asks Joseph, "why would the Lord choose me of all people to be an apostle?" and then Joseph says to Brigham, "you have been called to serve and have been chosen, you have great work to do." However the quote goes in the movie, I really felt like he was talking to me, at least it felt like it.

Well family, the MTC has been treating me well so far. I do miss you all and hope all is well at home. I know that I am doing th right thing.

With all the love I can express!

Elder Blackham

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you are having a good time in the MTC are you going to be able to keep this blog up when you leave? I really enjoy reading it. We have had a pretty busy holiday seasnon. My sister was here from Louisianna. for Christmas and it was fun to see her and her girls. also they baptised their oldest girl Holani whilest they were here. they left on January 5th. We were sick and have continued to be sick ever since. my son Jacob has had another bout with pneumonia and we have had bronchitis, a couple of kids with colds and Eric and I have this terrible virus that causes blisters in the back of your throat. it's really aweful. Happy New Year hu?!

    Tomarrow is my dad's birthday. he'll be 53. can you beleive how old our parents are getting? LOL : ) They are busy with Grandma and Grandpa, and my Grandpa Schow and My brothers. Ron is living at home, going to school and working for and elementry school helping with autistic kids. he has a girl friend named annie. no announcements yet but we're hopeing. Jon is living in SLC he just lost his job this last week his company had to close, he is also going to school at Salt Lake Community Collage.

    Anyway i heard a great joke the other day. it might be good for a laugh or somthing. a Rancher was driving along a long dirt road in the middle of no where when he got pulled over. The officer came to the window and asked to see his Drivers licence. a few minuets later the officer came back and told him he was going to issue him a ticket. while he was standing there a fly kept landing on the officer, the rancher noticed. "looks like you got a 'circling fly'" the rancher said. "what is a cirlcling fly?" asked the officer. The rancher replied "back onthe ranch there are these flies that circle around the rearend of a horse. and we call them 'circleing flies'. the policemand thought for a minuet then offended he asked "are you calling me a horses rear end?"
    The rancher looked shocked , "NO sir, i have far to much respect for an officer of the law.... but it sure is hard to fool 'em"

    HAHAHA! that's one of my favorites. : ) well that's about all i got going on. Hope that'll be some entertainment for you!
    Keep up the good work!
    WE Love ya!
    Cousin Tammy

    ReplyDelete