Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Letter and Pictures From Brother Lyau

Hello David, Dianne & the> Family!

This is Brother Christopher J. Lyau ( My Chinese name is: Jyun-Rou Lyau) from Taichung , Taiwan . It was such a great privilege to know and to talk to Elder Blackham's parents last week. I am sending the most recent photos of your beloved son, Elder Blackham’s from Taiwan Taichung mission to you. I am sure you’ll love to see the pictures, won’t you?

I want to thank you for sending your wonderful son to Taiwan to serve a mission for us, the people in Taiwan . He is an excellent missionary. We are now the luckiest people in the world because of Elder Blackham! Like I said to you last week, I was so surprised at seeing his long lasting positive attitude towards everyone. I believe that he is the most loving, positive and the sunniest happy missionary that I have ever met. And like Elder Neal A. Maxwell has described his dear friend, Dean Nielson in his talk “Jesus, the Perfect Mentor” given at a Church Educational System fireside at Brigham Young University on 6 February 2000. Elder Maxwell said: “My memory of him is of a special young man who strove to put on the whole armor of God. I love him for his sweetness and his innocence….” I think Elder Blackham owns the same qualities like Dean Nielson has.

Well, thank you again for all of your sacrifices that you ave done for us! May God bless you and your family!

Chris

Dinner at Brother Sen's House-The two dishes with the basket were made by me

Dinner at Borther Sen's house- The one in pink

Eating the chicken foot- the first American that I ever seen.

Can you believe that he was really eating it?

1 comment:

  1. Brig, what a neat neat compliment you've been given by this sweet friend. I must say, I agree totally. I have always admired your positive attitude towards everyone and just the unconditional love you have for others. I am thankful that I have had the chance to know you and to be involved in pageant with you and also as Alex's friend.
    I can't believe you were really eating that chicken foot... well, I guess I can, cause if someone was going to do it, it would be you. lol
    Well, we love you so much and keep you in our prayers daily. We know you are doing an AMAZING job and blessing so many lives in Taiwan.
    Love, Mimi and Kelly Hancock

    ReplyDelete