Wednesday, December 16, 2009

dear family

Well life has been a wonderful ride this past few weeks I have really seen how to do missionary work there is so much joy in baseing your day around people and not places. I really have appreciated my leaders this week I had two exchanges this week one with the Zone leader elder de la cruiz from the phillipines. we basically just visited people all day and had alot of really short lessons it was a beautiful thing. Ireally have learned alot just by shadowing my leaders.
Well I had a very cool experience this last time we met with tony Cai we shared about scripture study and followed up on his word of wisdom and he has kept it for almost two weeks now he used to have a problem with every single one except for drugs, he told us that he doesnt even want them anymore and he has gone through his personal trials to get over it but now he has come so far he is prepared to be baptised and he has continued to progress everytime we meet with him. the lord really sees reason to bless those who put there trust in Him. I have seen Tony completely change his life, he has such a light about him he s almost glowing with the love of the gospel.

Oh cool story we visited a brother Zhang who was a member referral on sunday before church and while we were visiting him and about committed him for church his best church friend brother liao yao dong called me and I let him talk to brother Zhang. then after they talkid for a minute or two he said ok well I will see you at church. Then he came at two promptly and was able to attend sacrament meeting.

There is so much power in the testimony and invitation of members I have seen that that is the only way to do this work is with the members and otherwise it's like you are just waving a stick at a pinyatta blindfolded very rarly do you make real effective candy hits.

I just want to say just how much I love you all and am greatful I can be on my mission here in Taiwan and have had the experiences I have had. It is crazy how fast the last year has gone most of my older missionaries are going home ina week and there are so many people that just seem like the best of friends that I was with for so short an amount of time. I realize that everyday is so precious,God has this gift of life that he allows us to live. This church is true I know it more now than I have ever known. there is so much confusion in this world and strife contention but God allows us to have the light of his gospel lead us home. I know that this is true, God lives and loves me too, Jesus has paid for our sins and he will save all those who beleive and act upon his name. This is his season of love . Thank you all and I love you have a very merry christmas holiday season.Elder Blackham

1 comment:

  1. I had a quote on my wall as a missionary " The key to continued growth is Humility". You definitely understand that tool well; I love to see how humble you are and how willing you are to learn. Brigham, you have some amazing qualities and I just hope you know what a wonderful child of God you are. :)
    Keep the Faith!
    Mimi and family

    ReplyDelete