Wednesday, December 9, 2009

dear family

well this week has been a wonderful week. our investigator brother liao Jia xiang passed his baptisimal interview but unfortunatly he didnt come to church this last sunday so we are postponeing his baptisim another week so that will be this next saturday but he is a very prepared soul he loves the gospel and has come so far learning and growing everyday . I love seeing people change their lives. My other investigator Tony is doing well he has now gone a full week without smoking and is really starting to progress quickly he came to church this past sunday and really enjoyed it he even takes notes while he is attending, he is a very dilligent student of the gospel. He really has a desire to change and become a better person and make the most of his life. He will be baptised next next saturday and the day after christmas will be a real present for me. I love this gospel you know we just got back from the temple and after waking up at five and being on a bus for some two hours to get to taibei and being able to go through and feel the spirit so strong and have that experience of being in the world but not of the world. The Taibei temple as you enter it has you take off your shoes and put them in a plastic bag then you proceed inside. It is a wonderful taste of the chinese culture that I personally think adds to the spirituallity of the temple experience like moses taking off his shoes in the presence of the lord likewise this is the house of the lord and we should respect it like such. well I have seen the lord work miracles like through me and we have found some really wonderful people to teach and I will tell you the one time I really feel like a missionary is when I am teaching lessons and sharing the gospel, when I am getting rejected by people on scooters,at their doors,on the phone, on the street the list continues. Rejection and failure is a large part of missionary work that I have been trying to get used to I know I have little to no trials but I know that whatever it is JesusChrist knows what I am going through and he has already paid for my every pain and sorrow. well i know that this church is true and that even when times get down You just need to pray and read your scritures the lord will provide and make all things ok. He will comfort us and when we pray and ask for anything we need to show our faith by getting up after we say amen and go to work.pray asif it is all up to God. work as if it is all up to you He will make up the diffeence. I know he does I have made it through half of His mission for me in Taiwan and I know that He will strengthen me to do anything He wants me to do. This is god's work and his Glory I cant mess it up. I love you all so very much and hope that you remember that this Christmas Season. I will be praying for you all and I really apreciate the prayers of safty I have used my share of heavenly help protecting me and my companion. once again I love you and hope to live up to your expectations.your son

Elder Brigham sky Blackham

1 comment:

  1. What a neat experience, getting to go to the Temple in Taiwan. There is always such peace there and it always gives me the rejuvenation that I need away from the cares of the world.
    I love to read about all the neat experiences you are having... brings back memories of my own mission.
    You are blessing and touching lives. I hope you have been able to get some wonderful testimonies in your testimony journal.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete