Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Salutations to the best family ever!

Ok so this week was great i learned things everyday I have found the miracles everyday and I am really finding what I love about Taiwan everyday. The joy of the work i have found in the small things the process is where the pleasure comes. I love talking to all of these wonderful people in Taiwan there are things here and people here I would never see in Utah. I am still getting used to the weather last night we were visiting a new member and they were not home so we decided to write a note to them outside of their door in their muggy apartment building well it only took us two minutes before my shirt was soaked from sweat being inside is really hot without AC. Ok so I had an amazingly eventful week my grandpa we have been teaching brother Cai was baptised on Saturday, yeah on Thursday morning we received a call from a member of the bishopric that helped us teach the night before and he had talked to him and he decided to stop procrastinating and do it on Saturday! It was so good! I love our ward it is the newest ward in taizhong and has some really awesome leaders and members. they are all so in tune with the mission effort here. I have an investigator named matt who is great and has a lot of faith he reads everyday and prays but he will not go without tea he drinks two cups a day and says That it is his favorite- I realize we all have favorite sins but guess what they are still sins, sinning is fun but wickedness never was happiness. anyways I will tell you how he goes over the next few weeks he should be baptised soon just stop a drinkin.. oh my grandpa I forgot to tell you on Saturday he was so excited for his baptism he bought me and my companion new belts and then as he gave them to us he said hey i want to make them shinny first then he took them laid them on his porch and spray painted our belts black, spray painted them! I laughed so hard he was just making them shiney for us. we left them there to dry and went to eat at his favorite vegetarian restaurant then to his baptism. my companion E.Rodriguez kept saying "he ruined our belts, spary painted" Sunday was a great fast Sunday I loved the meeting we have afternoon church so our fast is long then our correlation meeting was pushed back from 4:30pm to 6:15 and they kept saying hey in a half an hour we will start then hey after this interview , no after i teach this scripture class to the children for twenty minutes anyways sister Su the first counselers wife gave us a cookie thing and it was great I loved it. god provides for his missionaries even if it is just a cookie,He knows our needs. oh on Monday an District training meeting my companion looked at his shoes that I had freshly shined that morning without telling him and he stated' Wow! my shoes are beautiful!" we laughed so hard. Hey we went and sat next to a fisherman and taught and talked to him it was fun I can see why your brother did it so often on his mission they dont just ride off it is fun kind of casual, but a good atmosphere. I love the work here and This past week at mission conference I really learned what the importance of the title Teacher in Chinese and Taiwanese hearts. they really feel honored to have that title. I thought of my favorite teachers I have a lot but will you do me a favor and just tell Dr.(Uncle Roy)Ellefsen,Ed Staker,Ben Cox,and Angy Daley,Chris Junker and Patty Sego them i love them and am so greatful for the things they have taught me and the person they have helped me become I guess that that is a really big chore but I have no way of telling them but through your help. Mom Dad You know I realize that you love me so much that you will sacrifice for me to help some people you have never meet come to Christ Thank you I love you so much. I hope with all my heart that I may stay worthy all the days of my life that I may live with you in the celestial kingdom. To have eternal happiness and joy. I love you and wish you all well in what you are doing

-Elder Blackham

No comments:

Post a Comment