Friday, February 20, 2009

Read His 2/16/09 Letter Here

Alright first off I was a little dissapoited last week when I wasn't choseto perform at the sunday fireside but after my experience yesterday I am gladthat I had the oppotunity to sing "They hear the savior" at thedepatrure devotional. I felt the spirit really strongly and I bore my testimonythrough the song. After the devotional Brother Barker ( Reid Barker'sfather) who lead the music as a service missionary, came and we had a greatlittle talk about home and how it was nic to see me and I had such a goodlittle talk with him , Also the croud wasnt too large so i was still glad toperform ( only about 400 missionaries) well I am going to try out tomarrow withanother song that sister taijemulia(Tai jie mei) wrote sister Taijemulia wentto snow and the song is really good I think I will record it if I can and sendit to you. well I had a really great week I actually used my debit card... icashed 40 dollars I didn't buy anything, but I got my travel plans and I amgoing to fly Delta airlines to las Angeles then direct flight EVA airlines totaipie Taiwan. i will hopefully get to have a short phonecall with you all. Ihave heard that we might so don't get your hopes up but if I call be readynext tuesday. i only have 8 days! well the language is coming really slowly butI have loved learning it. I have the best Teachers in the MTC, of my teacherbrother moore got married on saterday, well i will hopefully get my things sentto you next week happy valentines day...well I am a little late thats justbecause i wan't to be obedient ( and I foorgot to write it the week before)Oh happy birthday Day dui bu qi (sorry) I missed it but whats another yearright? I love you though.so I would like to hear from all of you next tuesday soIf that Is possible 3-way or 4-way call i dont know. well I wan't you toknow I am safe and healthy and I am really loving almost every minute. The MTChas been great but I am ready to go...I will keep you all in my prayers

love your Missionary,


Eldar Blackham

1 comment:

  1. Hey only 4 more days! you have to be sooo excited and "trunky" in a way. I'm glad that the language is comming along. I know that you will do great at it! you have always been able to do whatever you put your mind to. so will you beable to blog still after you are in tiawan? and do you even read comments? I don't care if you reply or whatever, just don't want to waste my time writing somthing that you;ll never read. I also have a blog... Emilee came over and helped me make it look cute. That was real nice.
    i can't remember if I was still sick last time I wrote to you but my family and I are all much healthier! It's such a releif to have everyone healthy. I do need to sleep a little more though. it's hard to be patient with my kids when i'm so tired. hu, so It's cool that you got to sing for those people and that you love to sing so much. I really didn't know that was somthing that you liked to do. but you are very good at it, at least judging from when iheard you at your farewell talk. Ok well I'll just tell you about what i did today, it was a saturday and we had a fun day with the kids, We had pancakes for breakfast, made a trip to the stoarage unit then we made 'recycled' paper and we put little flower seeds in the paper so that when it gets a bit warmer we'll put the paper out in the flower bed and hopefully it'll sprout and make a fun flower bed for us. we had ice cream cones and pizza and watched the Jazz beat the New Orleans hornets. they also had a tribute to Larry H. Miller, he died yesterday. You probly heard? i don't know. anyway my kids are kind of being notty and wouldn't go to bed tonight. THey are cute though and alot of fun. Eric and i sometimes can't help but just giggle at them. : ) we went up to check on them tonight and couldn't find olivia, after looking in our room, her room and Jacob's room finally we called "where are you olivia?" she's like "i'm right here dad" we looked around and couldn't see her "where?" "right here" she was under her bed! just hanging out under there i guess. : ) usually aren't kids afraid to be under there? anywho, Ron had his 27 birthday this week, we had a little family dinner here for him yesterday. it was pretty fun. my kids love it when their grandparents and uncles come over. Hmm. we had a great Valentines day by the way. Eric took me to a stake dance it was fun. we have never been to a dance together so it was nice, and we had a blast! they played a little game where they ask a couple a question and they try to match answers, my fav was when they asked a couple who had been married for 55 years "what is her favorite kind of flower" and he answered "whole wheat" i couldn't stop laughing! Now a days flour is probly just as expensive as flowers. : ) ok sorry i know that i ramble i hope that's ok and not to boring for you.
    I'll write you you later,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete